Sunday, July 19, 2009

Moon

The new movie Moon looks killer. In the tradition of sounds like, I choose a song by the artist Boxcutter, whose new album I can't stop listening to. The album is entitled Arecibo Message and hits several different genres. The album starts off in the Dubstep electronic range, coming off a lot like Burial (at least the first track). Barry Lynn (Boxcutter) then takes back into what he's known for, dubstep, jazz, drum 'n' bass, hip-hop, electronica and house. He adds a few new elements to the table so we don't get stuck with the some old thing. This time we get more analog beats and some space funk added in as well. My favorite moments on the record are the funkier tracks. The song "Spacebass" especially wins with some electronic spaced out P-funk.  The track "A Cosmic Parent" also hits hard on the funk side. I don't know if there other northern Irelanders that are this spaced out, but I'd like to hear more of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment