Saturday, October 16, 2010

James Blake "Limit to Your Love" (Feist cover) Video



I've been playing this song in my head over and over and over again. I can't get enough of this guy's production. This new song is part post-dudstep (silly I know), part pop and part experimental. When the bass kicks in on this track I get goosebumps. The video is also great. It reminds me of the crisp look of a Radiohead video, mixed with a little of Fiona Apple's "Criminal" video. Those are two things I love very mucho. The video is directed by Martin de Thurah, who also directed Fever Ray's video for "When I Grow Up". Both videos are minimal and magical in similar ways. I can't wait until this guy puts out a full length record, I think it's going to blow lids off and pop out the eyes of the bystanders who witness lids blown off. I'm very excited about this. I don't know how popular this guy is in his home the UK but I hope he is well received. I wish this video wasn't featured through Pitchfork TV, but that's out of my control.


No comments:

Post a Comment