Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gregory Isaacs + Deerhunter + Deefhoof + Spank Rock (Todd Edwards remix)



Bummer news I read the other morning. The classic reggae vocalist Gregory Isaacs (1951-2010) dies today at his home in London. He was 59 and died of lung cancer.

Gregory Isaacs "Night Nurse"



Producer/DJ Diplo and producer Lunice remixed a track off the new Deerhunter record and now there's a video too. Check it.


Deerhunter - Helicopter (Diplo & Lunice Remix) from Mad Decent on Vimeo.



Deerhoof has a new record coming out January 25th called "Deerhoof vs. Evil" with a limited edition 2000 vinyls being printed. There's a few new songs up on blogs and so, so look for those.  Their  last record was ok, but I love these guys and I have hope that this one could be good. The first song I posted here is from the new record and the second song is from a cover album, soon to be released of Congotronics tracks. The album also has covers by Animal Collective, Glenn Kotche, Andrew Bird and Shackleton.


Deerhoof: "Merry Barracks"
Deerhoof: "Travels Broaden the Mind (Kasai Allstars cover)" via Fader




Todd Edwards, my favorite Jersey born UK Garage/house producer remixes Spank Rock to surprising results. I love playing both these artists out live and now I have more of a reason to. I never would have paired the two together but I'm very glad this happened. This track appears on the label Ninja Tune's new compilation Ninja Tune XX. The comp features artists such as Toddla T, The Bug, Zomby, Dark Sky, and a lot more spread over this 6 disk set.

Spank Rock: "What it Look Like (Todd Edwards remix)"

No comments:

Post a Comment