Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kode 9 @ The Cove




Kode 9 (aka Steve Goodman and owner of Hyperdub Records) came to Williamsburg, NY January 28th 2011. I was very excited to see my first Hyperdub DJ/producer live in my new city the day before my birthday. Unfortunately, I drank too much coffee and alcohol before his set at the Cove and don't remember any of it. He did play funky and house based tracks instead of the more dubstep influenced stuff he usually produces. I wish I had a list of tracks he played but I think that might of been the pile of barf I left in the cab on my way back home. Also, this is the first time I've ever puked in public in all my years alive now. Parents if you're reading this, I watched some TV and passed out early. If you can imagine though---I had a very happy birthday.

I know I haven't posted in a while. My internet is not up yet at my new place. The new Simian, Hercules jj and Toro y Moi are out. One of those has to be good. Until I write again...


Kode9 mix for XLR8R from a while back entitled Bubble 'N'Squeak. Download it!


Follow me at Songkick and see the shows/gigs I'm going to and maybe tell me what shows I should go to. My name is Thomas-Callihan on the site. 



No comments:

Post a Comment